Tuesday 12 May 2009

Joy upon Joy........

Get in!!!!  3 reasons for being utterly delighted this week.  Firstly, my new PC arrived.  Did I tell you what happened to the last one? No? OK.  In a nutshell, the effort of having to upload a single batch of 200 large photo files in less than 3 weeks finally proved too much for the poor thing, and with a slightly unceremonious and disappointingly pathetic "phtt", it finally pointed its computery toes to the sky and died.  However, new computer is a thing of power, and because I am a man, and men can only buy things with stupid names (check out the Gillette Power Fusion Phenom razor to see what I am talking about), I have decided to christen it the "Alpha Stealth Ultra X".  I then gave the task of "recycling" the old one to my 7 year old lad.  What that kid can do with a screwdriver doesn't bear thinking about.  Suffice to say, 10 minutes later it was in in 200 componant parts on the study floor, and he loved it because it was the first time he has taken something expensive apart and hasn't been told off when he couldn't put it back together again.
The second reason is my website is now up and running.  It has only taken me 3 months to get to this point having managed to spot (and avoid) numerous graphic charletons, sorry designers who could do me the most beautiful looking site, but wanted a significant chunk of my mortgage for the pleasure, oh, and what do you mean you wanted to upload photos at will; that'll be a kidney please.  I just have to say that Andy at LayerSpace has been an absolute breath of fresh air, so thanks to him, and also Dylan for pointing me in this direction. So, if you are interested, have a look at RTS Photo and leave your thoughts.  
And finally, and I am going to whisper this in case I alienate all of my Teesside potential market........Newcastle 3, Boro 1.  

No comments:

Post a Comment